|Year : 2022 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 1
Endodontology: Change of Guard
Editor in Chief, Endodontology; Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Date of Submission||25-Dec-2021|
|Date of Decision||29-Dec-2021|
|Date of Acceptance||03-Jan-2022|
|Date of Web Publication||25-Mar-2022|
Dr. V Gopikrishna
Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Gopikrishna V. Endodontology: Change of Guard. Endodontology 2022;34:1
It is with a humble sense of satisfaction that I pen my last Editorial for the Endodontology Journal and observe that the Journal has grown meaningfully in my tenure as Editor in Chief (2019–2021).
The significant milestones that we could achieve in this period are:
- Endodontology got SCOPUS indexed in 2021, making it one of the credible platforms for endodontic research emanating from India
- We have maintained our Journal to be an open-access journal with NIL author-processing fees to encourage quality research submissions without any financial constraints on researchers
- We strive to have one of the quickest reviewing processes to enable research to reach the reader in the shortest turnover time
- We have started conducting an Annual Endodontology Research Symposium that would empower both researchers who would want to have their research published and standardize the reviewing process of our Journal
- Institute Annual Awards for the best articles being published in our Journal in the following categories: Best Original Research Award and Best-Case Report Award
- Institute Annual Awards for the Best Reviewers of the Year who have contributed their intellect and time to ensure quality research being published
- We have brought out a special supplement issue this year with the abstracts of the scientific student and delegate research presentations made during the 12th IFEA World Endodontic Congress held in India during 2021.
These progressive achievements would have not been possible without support and faith of my Editorial team comprising of Associate editors: Dr. S. Nandini, Dr. Vasudev Ballal, Dr. Ajay Logani, Dr. Jojo Kottoor, Dr. S. Satyanarayana, Dr. Usha Carounanidhy, and Dr. Ajinkya Pawar.
I also take this opportunity to thank each one of you for your faith and patience and wish the able new team taking over the Journal the very best in their endeavors to continue the vision and mission of Endodontology Journal.